Planning a getaway to South Beach this August? All month long you will find amazing foodie events, music festivals, cultural entertainment and so much more. To help you plan your South Beach vacation, here are some of the exciting events happening this August!
- Miami Spice: From August 1st through September 30th, you can indulge in Miami’s culinary scene. Select restaurants will be offering three-course, prix-fixe menus for great prices (brunch: $23, lunch $23, and dinner $39)
- National Rum Day Festival: On August 16th, you can sample a large variety of rum brands poolside as you watch a live music performance. Tickets for this event start at $25 per person.
- South Beach Mango Festival: Celebrate Miami’s mango season at the first annual South Beach Mango Festival on August 5th. The event will take place at Lummus Park at 12th Street and will feature live music, cooking classes, a mango eating contest, and plenty of mango-inspired dishes.
- Kesha and Macklemore Concert: On August 4th, you can hear these amazing artists perform hits from their most recent albums at the American Airlines arena in downtown Miami.
- Janet Jackson Concert: On August 5th, Janet is also headlining her State of the World Tour at the American Airlines arena, where she will perform hit songs from her new Unbreakable album.
- Shakira Concert: From August 17th through 18th you can enjoy Shakira’s El Dorado World Tour in Miami.
- Taylor Swift Concert: Taylor will be performing some of her hit singles at the Hard Rock Stadium on August 18th.
- Jay-Z and Beyoncé Concert: The amazing music offerings in Miami concludes with a highly anticipated performance by Jay-Z and Beyoncé on August 31st at the Hard Rock Stadium.
- International Ballet Festival of Miami: Running from July 28th through August 19th, this festival will showcase more than 20 ballet companies from around the world and over 100 skilled dancers.
- African Diaspora Dance and Drum Festival of Florida: From August 3rd through 5th, you can enjoy African and Caribbean dance, as well as drum and music workshops. This festival is ideal for everyone in the family as the event will also feature festivities such as African folklore storytelling, face painting, drum circles, and more.
- Florida Track Days: On August 12th, the Homestead-Miami Speedway is hosting Florida Track Days, an annual event giving motorcycle riders the opportunity to ride their bikes in a safe and controlled environment. There will also be a new track rider school with free gear rental for novice riders.
- IFE-ILE Afro-Cuban Dance Festival: From August 12th through 18th you can celebrate Afro-Cuban tradition and culture at the three-day IFE-ILE Afro-Cuban Dance Festival. Activities include a children’s camp, academic conference and dance presentations at the Koubek Center.
With all these activities occurring throughout the month of August, you certainly will not be lacking things to do during your South Beach vacation.